Mold is a problem closely related to water damage. Mold can establish itself within 48 hours of
a water damage event, spread quickly, prove itself impossible to remediate, and
bring with it all types of health issues.
Mold exposure can cause cold-like symptoms, respiratory
problems, sinus and nasal congestion, skin irritations, coughing, and has been
known to trigger asthma attacks. In rare
cases, even lung disease and death have been reported.
If you smell a musty odor in your home or see mold growth,
you do have a mold problem. Mold grows
anywhere it is damp, and preferably dark.
Since people are at risk from exposure, mold must always be removed.
To remove house mold, be sure to use a mask or respirator to
filter out mold spores. Wear eye
protection, heavy duty gloves, and clothing that can be washed
immediately. Use a detergent/water
solution to remove mold from walls, drywall, and clothes.
To remove black mold or toxic mold, you should always call
in a professional. This stuff is
particularly nasty and may well be the end of you if you’re not careful.
For most efficient results, contact your local IICRC
certified mold remediation specialist.
They will be available 24/7 and can have someone out to your home in no
time. They will be highly trained and proficient
on all the latest mold removal and clean up equipment and procedures.
Call today for a free estimate or phone consultation.
Share This Page